Attorney Alan Dobson is the owner and founder of DC Metro Immigration Law PLLC. Alan started his immigration practice in 2004 and has worked with over a thousand clients from all over the world to accomplish their immigration goals in the United States.
Alan has represented immigrant cases including, students with optional practical training requests for evidence and reinstatement applications, families filing for their relatives, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival cases, religious workers, green cards for spouses, parents, or children of U.S. citizens, H-1B petitions and transfers, self-petitions for abused spouses of U.S. citizens, and EB-2 and EB-3 based employment petitions, and many others.
Contact Alan to see how he may help you with your immigration needs.
- District of Columbia – Active (Admitted: 1/10/2005)
- Connecticut – Retired (Admitted: 06/02/2003; Retired: 06/29/2005)
- United States Court of Appeals for Fourth Circuit – Active (Admitted: 05/05/2008)
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA)
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C.
Master of Laws in Law & Government (2003)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
Juris Doctor (2002)
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
Bachelor of Business Administration (1995)
Alan was born in and grew up in the state of Georgia. Alan is married to his wife Lily, an Ethiopian immigrant, and they reside in Arlington, Virginia.